Highland Lodge is on Caspian Lake in the heart of Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom. “The Kingdom,” as locals call it, has many hidden gems. Here, we tell you how to find them all!
Some friendly tips:
- Our local General Stores are way better than a typical urban minimart! Many of them have delicious food, hardware, and gifts. Be sure to visit them all as you drive by!
- See our Google Map above to plan your day trips!
- Remember to always have a paper map, or program your GPS before you leave the Lodge, as mobile phone service is non-existent on most area roads.
- We are in the small town of Greensboro, very close to Craftsbury, Glover, and Albany.
- Hardwick is the border town to the south with the greatest concentration of stores and restaurants. We recommend stopping there for dinner or supplies if you are coming to the Lodge from I-91, or from the Morrisville/Stowe area.
Quick Food and Beverage:
Hill Farmstead Brewery (Greensboro)
Rated the world’s best beer for several years running, visiting their tasting room is a must, but keep in mind they have a two beverage max, so after you visit, come back to our House Bar to try a few more!
Jasper Hill Farm (Greensboro)
The maker of award-winning cheeses, Jasper Hill does not offer a tasting room or tours, but you can pick up their cheese at one of the general stores, or request a cheese tasting here at Highland Lodge!
Highland Lodge Beach and Nature Trails - our Lodge & Cabins sit on 136 acres of forest, wetlands, and we also have the longest private beach on Lake Caspian. During ski season, the Greensboro Nordic Trail System begins out our backyard and continues to some of the most beautiful trails in Vermont. We are grateful to the Craftsbury Outdoor Center for grooming and maintaining our trails, and thankful that our Nordic trails connect directly to their amazing facility.
Craftsbury Outdoor Center (Craftsbury)
Mountain View Country Club
A family-friendly golf and tennis club just minutes from the Lodge. Lodge guests enjoy guest playing privileges at Mountain View. While tee times are not required, call the club at 802.533.7477 or visit their website for details.
We are situated between three world-class Alpine ski resorts, each about an hour from the lodge:
Museums & Culture:
Summer Music from Greensboro (Greensboro)
Presents concerts every summer